Last Updated on August 8, 2021 Ashley Camelia
Providing the right food to your lovely American bully is the key to their overall body development and mental growth. By delivering the best dog food for American bully you will not only help them to turn into a muscular furry canine but also assist them to have a healthy life.
Unlike other dogs, they need protein-rich foods and supplements filled with fats and minerals, so you can’t buy just another dog food to feed them. So what foods you should use to treat your furry friend? Well, check out our list of best dog foods for American Bully.
- Type of Foods for American Bully Puppies
- The 5 Best Dog Food for American Bully
- Key Nutrients for Making Your American Bully Muscular
- How to Choose The Best Dog Food For American Bully?
- The Benefit of the Right Food Diet for American Bully Puppy
- Why is it Important to Feed Our American Bully?
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Type of Foods for American Bully Puppies
When it comes to the types of American bully food, you will have three choices, and you need to utilize everyone one of them in a different stage of the dog’s life. Let’s check out these types:
Raw foods serve as one of the primary food types for your American bully pup, and most of them love to eat uncooked food. Meat, fruits, and vegetables make up most of the meals, and bully pups love to eat them. It is quite healthy because your pup will get all the natural ingredients that are free from chemicals, by-products, additives, and preservatives.
Although raw foods have bacteria and are known for creating an imbalance in the diet but properly screening them can reduce the negative effect. Most importantly, raw foods have all the necessary ingredients that can improve the immune system, body muscles, jaw, gum, and reproductive capabilities of your furry friend.
Premium food is probably the food type you can give to your dog. They not only offer the necessary food supplement to your pup but also make it easy for them to digest and chew. These foods come in varied types depending upon the diet, size, age, activity level, and nutrition need.
All the package carries a different kind of ingredient; thus they offer a balanced diet to your pup. But you shouldn’t use them all the time since it has many chemical elements which are not suitable for the long term.
Well, there is no replacement when it comes to homemade food. You can easily make an American bully puppy diet by using homemade meals, which would enough keep up their high energy level and maintain their health.
You just have to go through recipes and spend some time in the kitchen to provide a healthy diet to your lovely pet. However, you have to make meals that contain balanced nutrients and holds the right amount of ingredients.
The 5 Best Dog Food for American Bully
The following table summarizes the foods that are most suitable for your American Bully:
Now, let’s start with the review on each of the dog food for American bully puppies:
1. Bully Max High-Performance Premium Dog Food
Well, if you are eager to treat your muscular friend with the top American bully food, then there is no better choice than bully Max high-performance premium dog food. It is a highly-rated super-premium dog food that has been rated five stars for the immense nutritional benefits it has on offer.
Unlike other plant-based dog food in the segment, it only contains meat-based ingredients that are potent enough to maintain your pup’s muscular structure. Since it is mostly made out of real meat so it would be largely beneficial for your pup’s health without causing any allergies.
This best food for American Bully is dedicated to both adults and pups so you can provide this food throughout their life. Whether your American bully is growing or old, the amino acid from the real meat will play an essential role in the development of muscle, body-weight, and overall body structure.
When you will provide one cup of this food, they will gain 535 calories from that cup, meaning they will have enough food to fuel up their high-energetic body. It even gets a superior combination of 30% more protein and 20% more fat than other premium foods so you can easily nourish your pup without spending much.
It is filled with only high-quality natural meat ingredients, and you won’t find any sign of flavors, preservatives, colors, corn, soy, or wheat.
You will just have to combine this high-protein food in your bully pup’s daily diet, and you will see the transformation in their overall health alongside energy level. A unique thing about this premium dog food is that it is triple-checked before it leaves the manufacturing facility, so the chance of any issue is quite less.
2. Natural Balance Grain-Free Beef Formula
Without a shadow of a doubt, Natural Balance LID is one of the best bully dog foods you can add to your American bully pup’s diet. Made up of real beef and no artificial preservatives, colors, and flavors, meaning it is totally healthy for highly sensitive American bully dogs. The mixture contains 52% of beef ingredients and healthy fats, and together the protein along with fatty acid enriches your muscular pup’s skin, coat, and muscles.
It is a blend of a limited ingredient diet with a single protein source and two primary carbohydrates that are highly useful to strengthen overall health and body structure. As it is made up of premium quality ingredients, so apart from old dogs, it is also suitable for pups.
A factor that makes Natural Balance LID standout from other best dry dog food for American bully is high fiber content that ensures smooth digestion. You can expect your furry friend to gain high energy from this food, and partially the credit goes to the 32% crude protein presence.
Although this food doesn’t make a wholesome meal the high amount of protein meets the nutritional needs of large-sized dogs like American bully. Many brands claim to provide zero grain and chicken ingredients in their meat formula, but in reality, they some percentage. But this is not the case with this product.
There is a reason that it is considered the finest or best dog food for American Bully because the manufacture performs 9 safety tests before making the final packaging. Although here we are suggesting the 24 lb package you will have other size options like 4lb, 12lb, 26lb, etc.
3. Victor Select Beef Meal and Brown Rice Formula
Victor select beef meal and brow rice food is not your average American bully food found in the market; instead, it is a specially curated product to fulfill all nutritional needs. Containing high-quality beef as a primary protein source it is suitable for American bully of all ages, and it will support their bone development.
In addition to beef, it also contains naturally sourced pork and fish ingredients that also aids in the overall growth of body structure. Thanks to the organic brown rice combination, it not only makes a sumptuous balanced meal but serves as a complete food for your furry friend.
Once you start to feed your bully puppy with this best dog food for American Bully, it will meet all their nutritional needs. It contains 24% protein, 12% fat, 4.4% fiber, 150 IU/kg vitamin E, amino acid, and fatty acids, and together, they make huge in the development and growth. However, the main reason that people for this dog food is because it combines scientifically developed Victor core ingredients.
It is a meticulously researched formula that has selenium yeast, pre-biotic, pro-biotic, and mineral complexes, and it will allow your dog to have better digestive and immune systems. It is totally safe for the health of your dog as it is made from gluten-free grains and contains organic ingredients.
It is highly rated by Dog Food Advisor so you can lay your faith in this food, and it won’t disappoint you. Interestingly, it will give your pup 357 kcal per cup, meaning it would be sufficient to boost up their energy level for the rest of the day.
4. Orijen Puppy Large (High-Protein Dry Dog Food)
Another highly rated item in this list of best bully dog food is Orijen high-protein large puppy dry food that has found its way into numerous diet charts. It offers a rich, wholesome meal for your bully dog because it contains 85% of fresh animal ingredients from wild-caught fish, unprocessed eggs, and free-run chicken and turkey.
Most importantly, you can also use it to treat your small pup as it has a minimal amount of bones, and it is mostly made up of meat, organs, and cartilage. With no grain and all fresh raw ingredients, it makes up a biologically appropriate diet that would facilitate easy digestion and nourish them naturally.
It creates a balanced diet for your American bully, and the inclusion of 15% vegetables and botanical ingredients apart from meat serves as proof. Orijen naturally and locally sources all the vegetables as they have a dynamic agricultural community in Kentucky. The organic food combination also ensures it is free from chemicals, thus minimal chances of health issues.
This is probably one of the best puppy food for bullies as it delivers the appropriate amount of amino acid and protein that aids in body development. Moreover, providing a protein-rich diet will help your growing mass to gain a healthy weight, build muscle mass, and prevent pressure on bones.
However, if you don’t want to go for a large package of 25lb, then you will have the option of 13lb and nothing smaller. Hardly any user has ever reported that their bully pup has fallen sick by eating this food, so you won’t have to worry about any health issue.
5. Nulo Freestyle Grain-Free Puppy Food
A growing pup like American bully requires high protein and low carbohydrates and an excellent way to meet that demand is by giving them Nulo turkey dry puppy food – another best dog food for American Bully chosen by our editors. With a high-meat content formula of turkey and sweet potato, it nourishes your pup with high protein and amino acids to have a robust immune system.
It gets a combination of kibble and canned recipes that deliver enough nutrition to keep up your bully pup’s athletic energy. The best part of this best food for bully Pitbulls is that it contains a low amount of carbohydrates from sweet potato, and it ensures lean and healthy body mass.
In addition to the high protein, this meat diet also supplies calcium and phosphorus that enhance the skeletal development process along with blood coagulation and nerve impulse transmission. It is totally free from any grain, so you won’t have to worry about allergies for a sensitive puppy-like American bully.
Moreover, the formula is totally devoid of any artificial colors, preservatives, and chemical flavoring, meaning it is entirely natural and won’t give any health issues. This best food for bullies delivers patented BC30 pro-biotic that facilitates gut flora for smooth digestion.
This food has many health benefits, and the lactic acid-producing bacteria that accelerate immune response and metabolism rate serve as proof.
Cognitive development is crucial for bully puppies, and that is why Nulo dry food comes with DHA that makes him friendly and curbs down the destructive behavior. Importantly DHA also assists in improving the central nervous system, building blocks of the brain, enhancing vision, and releasing omega-3 acid.
Well, this is not the end as we would like to put forward some more information. These topics will give you all the essential information you need to have to transform your little bully pup into a strong and healthy canine.
Key Nutrients for Making Your American Bully Muscular
A healthy and robust American bully need to have some essential nutrient in their food that will assist them in their growth curve. Let’s check out those nutrients that your pet need to have;
- Vitamins – Vitamin is probably the most crucial nutrient an American bully dog food must-have. The vitamin A in the diet gives them healthy skin, whereas vitamin makes bully pup’s immune system strong.
- Proteins – Protein is another crucial nutrient that is needed for muscle growth and repairing body tissues of the American bully. You need to feed beef, lamb, fish, turkey, and other products properly to keep up the necessary amino acid.
- Fats – To gain and retain the muscular structure, your pup needs to have the right amount of fat. Providing them food with soyabean oil, vegetable oil, pork fat, fish oil, etc. will give them the necessary.
- Carbohydrate – American bully needs a lot of energy, and carbohydrates serve as the primary source. Their meal needs to have a carbohydrates percentage range of 30-70, so choose food with barley, oats, rice, or wheat.
- Fiber – Although fiber is not a highly useful nutrient, but keeps the bully pup free from diarrhea and constipation. It also lifts up the colon health of your lovely friend.
- Calcium – Well, for proper bone and teeth development, the best dog food for bully breeds must have an optimum amount of calcium. Moreover, calcium is needed to sharpen their teeth and strengthen bone throughout their life.
- Minerals – Sodium, chloride, phosphorus, potassium, and magnesium are some common that every American bully pup needs during growing years. It not only boosts particular body functions but also keeps any deficiency at bay.
How to Choose The Best Dog Food For American Bully?
Choosing the appropriate bully-breed dog food is really a tricky task, especially if you are experiencing it for the first time. You need to find the right one that will cater to your dog’s health, stamina, breed, allergies, etc. So here are some factors that will guide you to the right product;
- Age – Every dog requires different food diets at different ages because the bone structure, metabolism, and activity level change gradually. You need to provide them food diet depending upon their age, and it will assist them in systematic growth.
- Size – Depending upon the size of your furry friend, you should choose food because overfeeding will lead to being overweight. Look for food that has balanced fat and carbohydrate.
- Activity Level – The activity level of your American bully will determine the type of food you want to provide. A highly active pup needs food with a lot of fat and carbohydrate to fuel its high energy. While mildly active dogs would need a low amount of fat and other proteins.
- Nutrition Quality – As you need to maintain the health and energy level of American Bully, so you need to buy food that has high nutrition quality. Check whether it has an optimum amount of meat, vegetables, and other items. Make sure it has all the right ingredients that will aid mental growth and body development.
- Food Allergies – As a responsible dog parent, you need to avoid ingredients in the food that would lead to allergies in your furry friend. Skin redness, skin infection, frequent scratches are common symptoms of food allergy.
- Vegetables and Fruits – It would be a good move to have vegetal and fruit items in the bully puppy food. Ingredients like apples, berries, sweet potatoes, beans, etc. will not only boost their growth but also strengthen their muscles and immune system.
- Digestion Rate – It is vital to know the digestion rate of your pet because it will help you to determine the type of food you will buy. Moreover, not all food is easy to chew and digest. So it is ideal to go readymade premium foods that facilitate smooth digestion.
- Expiry Date – Never forget to check out the expiry date because stale food will hamper health and sanitation. Try to opt for food that has been recently packaged and, most importantly, avoid package that doesn’t have an expiry date.
The Benefit of the Right Food Diet for American Bully Puppy
The essential benefits that a breed like the American bully get from the right food are that it gives them a healthy life with strong bones and high energy levels. It also facilitates them to lead a long, happy life with a minimal amount of health, thus fulfilling every responsible dog parent’s dream.
Every best dog food for American Bully comes with a balanced diet and a high amount of nutritional value, which are highly beneficial for the pup’s mental growth. Providing them food with the right level of protein, vitamins, and minerals will mitigate any health issue and strengthen their immune system.
Food items with a lot of vitamins and fibers can really benefit your bully pup to have good colon health and a healthy body coat. Feeding them food with the right amount of fat and carbohydrate can boost their bone development and help them to have the necessary muscle tone.
Remember, the food will be beneficial only when it holds the right amount and meet your pup’s health requirement. You should neither provide them plenty of food nor a low amount as it will give rise to health issues.
Why is it Important to Feed Our American Bully?
Like every other dog breed, you need to treat your American bully with proper food so that they can stay healthy and maintain their optimum energy. It is your responsibility to provide them a high-quality diet whether your muscular friend is old or growing. The type and way you feed them determine their mental development and overall health.
In addition to behavior, body coat, appearance, energy level, well-being, strength also depends upon the food you feed and the nutrition it gets. Providing them the proper nutrition is vital during their growing stage, so you will have to really care.
Even when they grow up, you need to provide them an optimum level of nutrition so that they can maintain their health and strengthen their immunity against illnesses. Improper food and nutrition can affect their appearance and body structure by a large margin, and it can also happen to older dogs.
However, providing them all the necessary nutrition should be mistaken with overfeeding, and you will have to choose food that maintains a balance of nutrients. It would be smart to consult a vet and experts at different as they will help you make a healthy chart for your American bully.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What does American bully eat?
A: American bully doesn’t have a special diet, but they need food that would help them to maintain healthy bone structure, high energy level, and overall well-being. Providing them food with the right amount of protein, fat, carbohydrate, minerals, and vitamins is sufficient for them.
2. How much should I feed my American bully?
A: Well, you need to maintain a balanced diet for your American bully and keep their calorie level in check. Overfeeding them will give rise to conditions like bloat, obesity, and dysplasia, which are not at all suitable for their health. Similarly, improper nutrition will also trigger many other health conditions and will deteriorate their body structure.
3. Can I feed my bully raw meat?
A: It is essential to add raw meat to the American bully’s food diet as it has many health benefits. Providing them a raw diet two to three times a day is entirely sufficient for their overall well-being. However, raw contains many bacteria, so you should be careful.
Choosing the best dog food for American Bully can be a daunting task, and our aim through this guide is to make the job easier. We have put forward the top five American bully foods that are thoroughly tested by our experts so you can completely trust these products. They will not only meet your muscular friend’s appetite but will also accelerate their growth.
All the products are filled with necessary nutrients that are quite adequate to meet the everyday nutritional need of your pup. We hope this article will be valuable to you and meet all your expectations.